Wednesday, September 30, 2009

comments on videos

hey charles,

I love how you saw that it was weird for you to see yourself in third person. I never really thought about it. But I guess it would be weird for someone to see themselves in third person but in truth we get used to that view because when we look in mirrors or look at pictures of us and our friends thats all a distorted view of ourselves.

I feel like your correct in saying that you do not want your kids to be eating and on the phone and on the computer all at the same time. But I wonder when they ask you how you interacted with technology and you tell them things you do not allow them to do,how will you respond. And if you do not let them because you know its bad for them,then why do you continuously do the same thing? 

I feel like your video was very realistic and that it was not staged at all. Looking at this I can see how you are in your daily life and how you interact with technology.

Hey yu-xi,

I'm sorry my computer is not showing the video, it kind of runs slow, so forgive me if I say something and its actually in your video.

Ok, so I liked your video, though I do have to say I would like to see more of you and what ever you were doing, being on the computer. I feel like we can relate more to you if we can see you interacting more with the technology. Though I do agree its weird to see ourselves on video. It makes it seem like we have to do our best because people will be watching it and that when we watch it we think back and say, do I really look like that or think up things we could have done better.

I love how you express your feelings about the uploading process. In truth I also had the hardest time trying to upload it and then get it onto blogger. it must have taken me hours to actually achieve my goal. I did not really picture my self as connecting with the middle age but i can see where your coming from and all I have to say is aww. We are what? like 17 years old and our generation is suppose dot be able to work well with technology but here we are two kids unable to do a simple upload.

Something else that was new to me was what you stated about your child/ sibling. Most people had the avreage (cant come up with the word) response of " I am not going to allow my kids to use to much technology, I would rather them be outside then sitting in all day". But you stated something which I totally agree with. You state " But I wouldn't take it away completely either because its also practical to learn how to use it". I guess we are so concerned that they will get addicted to technology that we forgot that in our culture we will actually need technology and that it is a big part of our society, so much so many people can not escape from it. So I do agree that while we restrict them from being on it 24/7 we also have to responsibility to teach them how to use it. I also think that while we teach them the good things we need to explain that it should not be the focus of their lives because there are so many other great things to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment