Monday, May 3, 2010

Survey Analysis

Thinking back on taking the survey, I felt like I needed to explain myself and give more of an answer then just a simple yes, no and maybe. This is because nothing is ever just 2 dimensional, there is always something more to it. Some questions opened up more questions rather then leaving you with a feeling like you know who you are better cause it's all there written and answered for you.
For the question, Your parent(s)/ guardian(s) know who you really are? I feel like I would ask Do any of us really know each other?

And I would wonder what other people answer for their questions. How much different are their perspectives on the same thing like friendship then yours. It would be interesting to find out you think one thing of a friendship then the other person involved. Like if you found out you listed them as your best friend but you hadn't made it on theirs. What then? How are you supposed to feel about that? What would you do about that? These questions will always be in the air since in reality we will never know what the other answered to the questions given.

The question, you feel happy by yourself? I feel like that can go both ways. Cause I know often I feel like I want to be alone and being alone is good and brings me peace of mind. But on the other hand, sometimes I get tired of being alone and wish that there was something to do so I wouldn't have to sit on my own.

For the question, other people like you? I feel like you could never really know that. This is because since in my theory we all wear masks and sometimes fake certain things about ourselves, that you be friends with someone but that doesnt mean you may actually like them. Or you think people like you but in reality everyone might secretly dislike you but they dont want to tell you.

Looking back on the results of the survey one thing stood out to me. And the conclusion that I came up with was that everyone lies. Everyone though the survey was anonymous and most people did it in the confines of their own space where people weren't looking, we still feel the need to protect ourselves and to layer ourselves with false answers. One look around school and how we interact with each other you can spot the lies that the results of the survey had said were true. The question,

No comments:

Post a Comment